Hey there amazing visionary!
My name is Karla, website designer, artist, singer, crystal lover, essential oils junkie, and mama to 2 girls.
I have been developing and designing websites and logos since dial-up and when the web was in primary colours (remember that?!) for about 18 years now.
So that’s a little about me, let’s get to know each other more!
In short, my mission is to help to empower you to manifest your online vision and bring it to life by collaborating, translating and helping you to get your vision out there for the world to see.
I am intensely passionate about ideas, creation, and bringing it all together – which you will feel when you begin to work with me.
The world needs you to shine and I’m here to help you with that.
Every single project I embark on with you, whether it be brand mentoring & development, website design, or consultation, has my full heart and soul invested in it. I’m not your average web & graphic designer. I am the translator of your vision and your collaborator. I use my intuition and weave only positive energy into your project.
I connect with YOU and your vision, so that whatever I create for you is fully aligned with who you truly are. The authentic you.
I will always make sure you are 100% satisfied, because your satisfaction is my satisfaction.
To work with each other we must energetically align and have an open and transparent relationship. Everything from my end is completely authentic – no BS , no facade. This is how I like to work and engage clients who feel the same way.
I ALWAYS loved art. Ever since I was a child all I did was make things, draw beautiful things and sing.
I immersed myself in art & theatre when I was in high school which got me through, because I absolutely hated the system.
When I left school at 17 I was rushed into work (I didn’t go to schoolies) and became an office junior which then progressed into becoming a receptionist and then legal secretary over a period of 8 years. I did this because it was “safe”.
I yearned to do something more creative and dreamt of being the graphic designer or desktop publisher at the companies I was working at.
I switched job after job after job because they didn’t fulfill me.
I decided at 19 that I wanted to apply for the College of Graphic Design – I got the application form and went for the interview, but I never completed it.
I was too scared.
Too scared of failure and not being realistic.
Fast forward 5 years, I left full time employed work forever after a series of spiritual awakenings and strong feelings of unhappiness and started living my childhood dream. I became a singer. My boyfriend (now my husband) and I started an acoustic duo and we haven’t looked back since.
But that band needed a website and we had no money to pay for it. So after hanging out with the web designers at my very last job as an executive assistant in the city, and learning the basics, I decided to teach myself web and grahpic design so I could do it myself. I spent 6 months full time (whilst gigging) teaching myself the skills.
This is what started it all 18 years ago, back when the web was a mass of static HTML websites and primary colours all on dial-up.
This is why I know the mind-fuck it can be- I wish I had ‘present me’ guiding me through the process!
I have been a musician and web & graphic designer ever since. We have bought houses, made heaps of money, travelled and had kids. All while being self-employed. Now I’m not singing on stage anymore, I have devoted myself to helping people who were brave enough to leave their unhappiness behind and move toward manifesting their dreams. I do this by using my talents as a web designer, business owner & doTerra wellness advocate.
I’ve always thought from an early age – “What is life if you’re not happy?”
This has always been my mantra and kept me searching, expanding and learning.
I hope this mantra keeps you searching, expanding and learning too.
Fun Facts about Karla
- I am a mama of two beautiful girls and wife to an incredible husband. I am incredibly blessed;
- I am obsessive about my work and a bit of workaholic…
- I’m a fanatic about non-toxic living;
- I want heaps of money to buy amazing experiences with my family and to give back to people who are not quite as fortunate. A big house and flashy car don’t really interest me.
- I live in the country with a community full of goddess energy. If you want soul-sister/moon circles ya gotta come up here.
- I made my bread and butter by being a singer for 12 years (I stopped gigging completely when I fell pregnant with my second child). I can play harmonica, piano & a little bit of ukulele.
- I LOOOOOVE textiles and I am a knitting, sewing and (now) macrame freak. I make clothes regularly and when I was gigging full time, I made all my stage outfits. So cool!
- I’m completely woo woo, but can keep that really well hidden around certain people so as to not offend. I’m a great chameleon – I suppose that’s my Libran side coming out. Luckily I live in a place where I can be myself completely! It has taught me not to give a f**k (my Aries rising and Leo moon coming out…).
- I love drawing mandalas for meditation;
- I swear a lot – but if it offends you I’ll try and hold my tongue 😉 My poor children don’t have a chance! Lol
- I am a crystal lover, doTerra obsessed, jewellery loving moon gazer and all over firey woman, but I will love you forever if you nurture me.
- I hated school. I still don’t see the point of it. I learned how to read and additions and then everything else I know now I taught myself…
- As you might have guessed, I’m Libran with an Aries rising and Leo moon. I have only one earth sign and one water sign making me extremely air and fire driven… I need a team to earth me… I can get incredible ideas and struggle to make them reality, but having my kids have taught me that skill to make things happen.